The Society for Birth Defects Research and Prevention will once again partner with several organizations including the March of Dimes and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to co-sponsor the official Birth Defects Prevention Month #Best4YouBest4Baby Twitter chat. The chat will take place on January 26, 2021, from 2:00-3:00 pm ET and will use the hashtag #Best4YouBest4Baby.
We encourage any member who is active on Twitter to support BDRP’s (@socbirthdefects) prepared tweets by retweeting them. In case you’d like to take part and want to prepare tweets using your Twitter handle to participate, below are the questions that will be pushed out over the course of the hour. Make sure to include the hashtag #Best4YouBest4Baby your tweeted answers in order to show up in the chat transcript.
If you’re not on Twitter, but would still like to see tweets live from participants during the chat, please watch via the following link: http://twubs.com/best4youbest4baby
Chat: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 | 2:00-3:00 pm ET
Main Hashtag: #Best4YouBest4Baby
2021 Twitter Chat Questions:
- What are birth defects?
- What do you know about COVID-19 and its impact on pregnant women and their babies?
- Why should you see your health care provider before becoming pregnant?
- Why is it important to take folic acid before and during pregnancy?
- What do you need to know about medication use and pregnancy?
- What do you need to know about drinking alcohol during pregnancy?
- How can tobacco products (including smoking and vaping) affect your pregnancy and developing baby?
- How will living a healthy lifestyle help you prepare for pregnancy?
- What else can you do to prepare for a healthy pregnancy and reduce the risk of birth defects?
- What resources are available to help moms have a healthy pregnancy and baby?