Please see the following message from George P. Daston, PhD, 2021-20211 President of the Society of Toxicology and a Past President of the Society for Birth Defects Research and Prevention.
For more than two decades, the Triennial Toxicology Salary Survey has been conducted to provide the toxicology profession with current realistic salary information. The current survey is the 11th survey conducted since 1988. This resource is beneficial to all who are currently employed or seeking employment in toxicology-related careers. Your cooperation is earnestly sought and greatly appreciated so that a valid cross-section of the profession may be obtained. Survey forms are completely anonymous, and data will be reported in the aggregate only.
How the survey results benefit you:
- Identifies pay standards and potential inequities amongst toxicologists
- Tool for negotiating salary, benefits and promotions
- Insight for attracting best talent and support for diversity and inclusion efforts
- Assists with career planning - higher education, certification, changing employers, sectors or disciplines
- Informs SOT and other societies of underemployment and helps with the design of education and career development programs
You may receive more than one invitation to take this survey if you belong to more than one of the groups who choose to collect this information. Only one submission will be allowed from each computer. Please complete and submit the survey no later than May 31, 2021.
This survey is being conducted by the Society of Toxicology Education and Career Development Committee. Thank you for your participation in this important project. The summary of the data collected will be compiled for use by the toxicology community.
We appreciate your help in developing an accurate snapshot of salaries in toxicology careers. If you have any questions, please contact SOT Headquarters.
George P. Daston, PhD
2020-2021 President, Society of Toxicology