Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
EXCELLENCE IN SCIENCE AWARD – 2017 Season
~ CALL FOR NOMINATIONS ~
FASEB is seeking nominations for its 2017 Excellence in Science Award. This award recognizes outstanding achievement by women in biological science.
All women who are members of one or more of FASEB Member Societies will be eligible for nomination. Nominations recognize a woman whose career achievements have contributed significantly to further our understanding of a particular discipline by excellence in research.
The 2017 award consists of a $10,000 unrestricted grant and the opportunity to present an award lecture in 2018 at one of FASEB’s Member Society meetings.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Scientific achievements including landmark discoveries, high impact publications, and scientific leadership
- Training of students and postdoctoral fellows including impact on careers and teaching efforts
- Contributions to the broader scientific community, such as leadership in professional organizations, university service and leadership, and public outreach
NOMINATION PACKAGES SHOULD ADDRESS THESE CRITERIA.
Nominators and their candidates must be members of at least one FASEB Member Society but do not have to be members of the same society. Self-nominations will not be accepted. All nominations must be submitted on the FASEB nomination form (available on the FASEB website). Access to the site will be available as of January 1, 2016.
Submissions must include all of the following documents that are to be uploaded individually in PDF format.
- Nomination letter, setting forth in detail:
- Contributions to the field that represent the nominee’s outstanding achievement in science
- Evidence of leadership
- Evidence of mentorship
- Evidence of national recognition
- Honors and awards
- Synopsis of selected bibliography
- Complete curriculum vitae documenting:
- All publications
- Leadership roles
- Honors and recognition
- Grant awards
Five first author reprints that represent the most outstanding contributions to the candidate’s field of research
Three letters of support from the nominee’s peers illustrating impact on the field
Three letters of recommendation from trainees illustrating mentorship and impact on careers
These nomination instructions also appear on the FASEB website. Follow this link:
Nominations must be submitted on the FASEB nomination form (available on the FASEB website) by Midnight (EST) on March 1, 2016.
PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED