Please take a moment to consider nominating a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow for the 2016 Marie Taubeneck Award. This award is presented to a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow in recognition of scholarship in teratology and service to the Teratology Society and includes a cash prize presented at the Annual Meeting. Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows are also welcome to nominate themselves for this award.
An important aspect of the Marie Taubeneck Award is recognition by fellow trainees, who are polled on which nominee should receive the Award. The Marie W. Taubeneck Fund established in memory of Dr. Taubeneck supports this award.
The Marie Taubeneck Award is open to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who are members of the Society and is based on the following considerations:
- Level of involvement in the Teratology Society
- Attendance at a minimum of one Teratology Society meeting
- Leadership among and mentoring of fellow trainees
- Level of enthusiasm for developmental and reproductive sciences
- Courage to pursue new methods and areas of research
- Is a trainee at the time of nomination
Nomination letters should include a brief description of the trainee’s activities with regard to the eligibility considerations.
Nominations are due March 31, 2016. Nominations should be sent to Teratology Society Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A list of past recipients of the Marie Taubeneck Award is available on the Teratology Society website.