Overview: The University of Texas School of Public Health seeks to fill multiple full-time Postdoctoral Fellow positions to support several funded epidemiologic analyses of secondary data in Houston, TX. We will also accept inquiries about related potential staff positions (e.g., Analyst) at the doctoral and masters level. Research topics include identifying the determinants of birth defects and understanding the consequences of birth defects, using existing data from several different birth defect studies and resources, including the Texas Birth Defects Registry and the National Birth Defects Prevention Study.
The successful Postdoctoral Fellow candidate would have:
- A PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- Experience with birth defects or related research
- Mastery of SAS or related statistical software
- Demonstrated productivity in study design, data analysis, and manuscript writing
- Experience/interest in genetic analyses would be helpful but is not necessary, as the majority of projects involve non-genetic factors