Title: Senior Scientist, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology Job ID: 1051441
Location: United States-Connecticut-Groton Full-Time Role
The successful candidate for this position will contribute to the success of the Pfizer portfolio by providing developmental and reproductive toxicology (DART) expertise to address key scientific and technical issues for drug development teams. The responsibilities will include determining potential safety liabilities related to adverse effects to reproductive function, especially in regards to embryo-fetal development, and providing human risk perspective.
The DART Center of Emphasis (CoE) is a global resource within Drug Safety Research and Development (DSRD) focused on developing and executing strategies to understand potential reproductive risk at all stages of development from conception to sexual maturity. The DART CoE supports multiple therapeutic areas in the risk assessment process, regulatory filings, and investigative studies to manage risks and/or de-risk compounds at all stages of the life cycle, including discovery, development, clinical trials, and post-approval
The responsibilities of qualified individuals will include:
* Performing fetal evaluations as required for regulatory developmental toxicity studies with the expectation to develop subject matter expertise in fetal morphological assessments
* Provide subject matter expertise for developmental and reproductive toxicology
* Prepare and/or author reports for regulatory submission, including the interpretation of DART data as components of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) regulatory toxicology studies
* Present findings to internal teams and at national meetings; publish findings in peer reviewed journals
* Support project-specific planning for regulatory developmental and reproductive toxicity assessments and risk management strategies in collaboration with drug development Teams
Ph.D. in toxicology, developmental biology, or related biological disciplines, with post-doctoral training in developmental or reproductive toxicology desired.
Office- and laboratory-based role, with potential to travel across R&D sites as well as travel to support external scientific influence activities.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and
Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer
Apply online by searching Job ID 1051441